Monday, September 21, 2009

The return of Internet Speed

Welcome home, my dear internet connection speed. Do you know how much did I miss you?

I have been using a slow internet connection for a few weeks. It is really really slow. Shit also faster. Can you imagine that when you are subscribing a package which offers you a speed of 1Mbps, but in reality you get a speed lesser than 200kbps?

The download speed of my connection have been something like 20kB/s as the peak. My friend, whom I wish not to announce his name, is subscribing a package which is half of my speed, get a speed higher than mine. I started to wonder why is that so. I called TM Net and asked the operator. They could not help at all. All they can do is to troubleshoot me, like resetting the port, ask me to try direct connection, ping here ping there, try using the speedometer and all sort of stupid things. After I try, they actually asked me to connect the phone line directly to the modem without going through splitter, which means I have to cut off the phone. If the problem still there, then I shall call them again. I called again and they asked me to do the same thing again, and again and again despite I have told them I did this before...

After coming back from my friend's house, I started to become annoyed of my speed. I tried all sorts of things using my spare modem sets, spare phone cable and a laptop. I tried changing the modem. It does not work. I tried changing the phone cable. It still does not work. I almost gave up. Then I tried to disconnect the phone cables and connect through one phone jack (which means all my house phones both upstairs and downstairs cannot be used anymore) and whollaa...the speed is back. I can get a 1.5Mbps speed...I love that speed. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT....LOVE it more than I love her...just joking...there is no such thing as 'her'

No comments:

Post a Comment