Saturday, September 5, 2009

The joy of driving a Honda Accord

Wow...I am so happy today. I mean tonight. I finally got to drive a car which worth a price of 6 digits - Honda Accord 2.4

The feeling of sitting in an accord and driving an accord is completely different. I always knew that accord is a stable car with quite a good handling and powerful acceleration. By sitting in the car, you can feel the comfort from the leather seat, the power bass from the speaker, the width of the seat and the coolness of the air-con. The temperature of the air-con in the front seat can be adjusted for both sides separately, which means that if the driver is hot while the passenger is cold, they can have different temperature from the air-con. The seat of an accord is made of leather instead of the cloth cushions. It is very smooth and it can be cold if it is exposed to the aircon for some time. You will have the feeling of classy when you are sitting in that car, I am not kidding, this is how I felt. The radio itself is good compared to normal cars. the volume can be set to a loudness where you yourself cannot stand and want to turn it down. The bass from the speaker is very strong, especially you make the sound loud and you sit at the back. I wonder if the driver will feel the uneasiness when having the loud bass, I did not on the speaker that loud when I drove it tonight. The volume of the radio can be adjusted directly from the steering itself. This is good to keep the driver focused on the road condition. I would say that this is a pro for the car. It is not a question why people would like to own an accord after you sit in an accord yourself. OK, that is for sitting in the accord.

I have been driving a Nissan Serena and a Perodua Myvi. The feeling of driving a good car is totally different. Although the accord is an auto transmission vehicle, its power is higher than some of the manual cars. You can actually feel the boost and the power that push you forward when you step on the accelerator. Although it is very powerful, the force that push you forward is smooth, it is not shaking or having a 'I am working very hard to go fast' feel. When you step on the accelerator even just for a bit, it moves forward to a high speed within seconds. The passenger will not feel that you are going fast. It feels like 20km/h when you are actually driving at 60km/h. I did not try to get to 80km/h or 100km/h because I was supervised by my father and I was not driving on the highway. When you turn the car, the car turns smoothly in a stable manner. you will not feel that you are going too fast when you are cornering at a fairly high speed (for me). The steering is quite loose and you can have a nice grip on the steering, and feel the rotation of your tires.

So...the car is beyond my explanation. If you want to know more about the car, drive it and feel it for yourself. I like that car very much. So now I have to study hard, get a good job with a good salary and buy myself a Honda Accord. It is an honour to have one at home. Banzai Accord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment