Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Manga Moment

Today, I think it could be counted as today, it was at 12.57am after all, I finished a series of manga. It is called 'Ichigo 100%'. This manga has a total of 167 chapters, each filled with different kind of excitement. I do not deny that it sometimes contain a little ecchi and harem scene, but that is the essence that made this manga a success. It describes a variety of personalities, from a quiet style, to a full-going style. In this manga, the main character, Manaka Junpei (マナか淳平)also shows an indecisive personality. I do not know whether this kind of personality occurs in most of the people or it is just me, but I am sure that I am similar to him, except in the way that there are many girls clinging onto him.

The story starts with the main character, Manaka Junpei crosses the sign stating 'no entry' to the roof of the school building. There he saw a beautiful scene of sunset. (I think it's sunset.) Suddenly a girl, a sweet girl, a pretty girl (I do not know how to describe anymore.) fell down from the 'sky'. In that fall, the main character got a glance on the strawberry panties of the girl. In a panic, the girl ran away leaving her math notebook behind. The main character picked up the notebook and intended to return it to the girl. Upon returning according to the name written on the notebook, he found that the girl with the name Toujou Aya (東城綾) (written on the notebook) was a plain girl who looks like a nerd. (I like that style though, seems more talkable) After being told not to read the contents of the notebook, the main character got curious and started reading. There he found a short novel written by Toujou. Toujou seems to be not having confidence about her work when Manaka told her that she has the talent. Manaka told her that he is going to become a film producer. (or director, I forgot...lol) At that time, Toujou fell for Manaka, but instead of knowing her love for himself, Manaka confessed to another girl named Tsukasa Nishino. Manaka who has poor grades asked Toujou to help him in studying for the entrance exam for Izumizaka High. At that entrance exam, Manaka finds that Toujou is the girl he saw on the rooftop, and started falling for her. The story goes on with more and more new characters.

When I was reading near the ending, I was thinking that this manga might not end properly in a well manner. However, the main character made a choice and be together with Tsukasa Nishino. I was hoping that he will get together with Toujou Aya since they are both friendly to each other, but that choice given by the author was the best for everyone. Manaka is definitely unable to go into university with his poor grades. If he is with Toujou, who is an author who won an award for her novel, this might causes Toujou to be unable to pursue her own dream to become a successful author. For the best, Manaka gave up on his first love and chose Tsukasa. However, Tsukasa leaves for Paris to study on pastry making. Everyone goes into separate ways although they were together being the best friends. This taught me that even though I like being together with my friends, I should not follow what my friends do but make my own decision. This is for my own sake. After a few years, everyone gathers and is revealed that each of them became matured and are doing their best in their on path of career. I wish that I could be the same. There will be a time where I have to be separated with my friends to pursue my own dream. And after a few years, I hope that each of us can gather with a higher level of maturity and successfulness.

I know it might be frightening to ask someone to read a manga with 167 chapters when we are having STPM exam this year. However, if you are into manga, and not knowing what manga to read, just read up Ichigo 100% and I believe that it will satisfy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment