Friday, January 1, 2010

Here comes 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

What's there to be happy about? There's nothing for us to happy anyway, other than more arguments, more money sucking events, more political issues...

First, let me make a wish. I'll write out this wish right here, so that him who grants wishes can see anytime he wants. What I want is something that can be seen yet cannot be seen. I want a good results for my STPM and my MUET. I want 4A (not A-) for my stpm and a band 6 for my MUET, then hopefully I can get into NTU or any prestigious university OUTSIDE of Malaysia. Please let my wish come true. I will be very very very happy for it.

Second, I would like to say something. Few minutes ago, I found out that I have to pay RM40 for a gathering thingy of my former class if I am to go. For a stingy person like me, RM40 is a big amount of money (for just 1 meal). If I am to choose, I will choose to spend the RM40 with my friends (you know who I guess) to eat something nicer in Penang Island or I will choose to save the money for future uses (e.g. buy something I like).

According to the intel I've gathered, the gathering is going to be a prom/ball-like. Personally I think that this is pointless. This is Malaysia. There's no point to make something like that, for teenagers like us. If I am to plan this thing, I will make it simple, e.g. eat at a normal restaurant that serves delicious food like Look Yuen which we only have to pay for about RM12++ each for a large variety of food.

Other than that, I've realise that the time-interval between gatherings is too short, thanks to Ivan who pointed that out and reminded me. I believe that gatherings should be done 5 years once, at least. However, this thing is an annual stuff, which is too frequently done. It will not be precious for some people as they might think that 'If I missed this one, just wait for next year's'.

After all that I've said, I hope that my opinions can be taken in as an opinion although I am nothing but a small pawn in their hands. However, when things get concerned about MONEY, I will get very serious and might rebel. That's all I want to say. Have a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment