Thursday, December 24, 2009

~My New Earphone~

I've bought the earphone as I said last time. It is Sony Ericsson HPM-82 Walkman Earphone.

>>HPM-82<<



Review:

The package contains the earphone, and 2 extra set of earbuds of different sizes. The regular sized (normal) is fitted on to the earphone by default. However there's a bigger set and a smaller set, for those who has big or small ear holes.

This earphone is basically the same as HPM-70. Contrast to its counterpart, this earphone comes with a remote control. It has 5 buttons with preset function (Play/Pause, Next, Back, Volume Up and Volume Down). The buttons are quite sensitive although there are some critics of it having a delayed response. This is the major advantage of HPM-82 over HPM-70. The remote control is also the reason that I chose this over its counterpart. Imagine you are doing something and you left your phone playing songs in your pocket. It would be convenient if you are able to switch between songs or turn up or down the volume without going all the troubles into you pocket for the phone.

The fast plug is quite easy to be plugged into the phone. However there is a small delay before it is detected by my phone. I wonder if this is a problem from my phone itself or from the earphone.

The volume of music of this earphone is quite loud. I have to put the volume to a low level (3 bigger dots from the left) compared to without it (1 dot from max).

The bass is not bad (tested with Black Eye Peas' Boom Boom Pow), especially when the equalizer of the phone's walkman player is set to MegaBass (only available in Walkman series, try flash it if you want, and if you dare). Clear voices can be heard with an acceptable quality (try Celine Dion's Beauty And The Beast). Overall the sound quality is not bad. I have never tested the other good earphones ($$ factor), but I can assure that this earphone worth the money spent for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment